Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pad-Thai Knockoff Power Lunch

Share it Please
...or dinner.

      I abhor thinking about what to make for a meal. I like to plan things out before hand so that I know what I'm making in advance giving me plenty of time to prepare anything in advance that needs it or make a quick run to the store for something I forgot to buy. It makes things go so much smoother for me.

      I planned out a quick meal a few days ago, but wasn't sur
e when it would get made. I ended up making it for lunch today and am bringing the leftovers for dinner tonight at work. It took 30 minutes from the time I got the ingredients out of the refrigerator until I was eating it. Perfect for when you're in a rush and need something more filling than soup or a sandwich – high protein, low sodium and even your vegan friends will approve this one! Give it a try for a surprisingly easy nutrient packed meal.


Pad-Thai Knockoff Power Lunch

1/2 Block firm tofu, drained and cut into bite size pieces
1 Green onion, chopped
2 c Boiled pasta of choice
Spoonful of peanut butter
Pinch of cayenne
Chili powder
Ground pepper
Garlic powder
Olive oil for frying tofu

      Fry tofu in oil over medium heat with pepper, chili and garlic powder until crispy on the outside. While tofu is frying, boil pasta to desired tenderness. Drain pasta, return to pot and add tofu, peanut butter, cayenne and green onion. Mix well and serve.

2 comments :

  1. That looks delicious! I'm glad I saw this before heading to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow its look great and make me hungry, hanks for sharing
    see my blog please

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Follow The Author